Hybrid Stem Cell Transplant Quality and Safety Advisor- Oncology
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2206308
HYBRID STEM CELL TRANSPLANT QUALITY AND SAFETY ADVISOR- ONCOLOGY
JOB SUMMARY: In collaboration with clinical and administrative leadership, facilitates the development, implementation and evaluation of organizational strategies to improve clinical, service and financial outcomes within an evidenced-based practice framework and of VUMC mission, values, vision and credo. Role requires attention to detail, organization, self-motivation, and the ability to work independently. Highly prefer regulatory or quality control background and prior experience auditing/shadowing. In addition, a understanding of healthcare and hospital layout and accreditation is ideal. There is a potential opportunity to work from home in a hybrid capacity.
Collaborates with departments and interdisciplinary teams to develop and implement strategies to improve care and processes.
Utilizes consultative and facilitative skills in working with individuals and groups.
Develop/enhance quality management infrastructure including knowledge transfer, within assigned areas of responsibility.
Serve as a resource for policy/standard interpretation and application to operations.
Facilitates improvement initiatives through use of PDSA cycle.
Meets with project team to plan and executes improvement team agenda.
Coordinates data and process analysis needs with individuals/groups responsible for the identification of improvement opportunities and redesign efforts.
Effectively uses data, improvement knowledge and regulatory/accreditation standards, resulting in informed decision making by the project team.
Utilizes quality management and statistical process control tools and methods as appropriate.
Coordinates timely communication of assigned areas quality management initiatives to appropriate forums (Patient Care Centers and Core Quality Committees).
Integrates internal and external benchmark data.
Summarizes data in a format that will facilitate identification and prioritization of improvement initiatives.
Demonstrates effective Project Management skills.
Assures maintenance of project plans/ records such that they serve as an archive of project results.
Utilizes change management to drive results.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.