Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Banner University Medical Center Transplant Institute is Arizona's most experienced transplant center, providing comprehensive care to adult patients in pre and post-transplant acute clinics for heart, lung, liver, and kidney/pancreas transplant, as well as, long term follow up on the transplant recipient. As part of the Banner Health Academic Medical Division we offer Transplant Services in Phoenix and Tucson, AZ. Our Transplant Institute prides itself on delivering compassionate, quality care to our patients and families leading to successful, optimal outcomes. Performing over 450 transplants per year, our programs are poised for continued growth! If you want to be a part of our continuing development, apply today!
As a Full-Time, Day Shift, RN Quality Specialist you will join our Transplant Services team to assist with clinical training, develop and enhance workflows, and lead Transplant Process Improvement initiatives.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position plans, coordinates, implements and evaluates facility and/or system-wide quality/performance improvements, patient safety programs, and/or coordinates compliance and regulatory programs for preparedness and accreditation requirements. The position works closely with system initiatives. All work processed by the incumbent is considered confidential and protected from discovery, pursuant to state statutes.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Coordinates investigation, analysis, and responds to quality/patient safety issues, events, significant care issues or trends. Leads and/or facilitate root cause analysis, failure modes and effects analysis, and process improvement, working with multidisciplinary teams.
2. Develops and analyzes data for administrative and clinical decision making, as well as regulatory requirements. Coordinates implementation of data collection processes: provide analysis, summary, research and benchmarking. Prepares and present reports for appropriate facility, system, and other external agencies. Provides oversight to projects including data abstracting and data entry as appropriate.
3. Serves as a resource and leads and/or facilities task forces to plan, implement and coordinate facility activities to maximize service quality, effectiveness and efficiency. Collaborates with key stakeholders to evaluate, plan and implement process improvements and patient safety programs across the facility and/or system.
4. Supports implementation of facility quality and patient safety goals, policies, procedures, and activities designed to meet the requirements of regulatory and accrediting agencies such as JCAHO, CMS, DHS, and the peer review organizations.
5. Acts as consultant and educator in program development and special projects as determined by their supervisor.
6. Participates in implementation of evidence-based practices at the facility or system level.
7. May coordinate peer review activities for physicians and other healthcare providers and provide information for departmental improvement activities, credentialing, and reappointment.
8. In some roles, this position may supervise professional staff.
9. Responsibilities cross all levels of internal customers including the department, facility and system, and external customers including but not limited to the medical staff, the community, regulatory bodies and state agencies. For those positions directly supervising professional employees, the position has full authority for employment actions including selection, training, coaching, and performance reviews.
Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent in nursing or other healthcare related field and either an RN license in state worked OR a clinical background with current license/certification or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with five years acute care clinical experience.
Requires ability to perform complex statistical analysis and highly developed problem solving skills. Requires the ability to manage programs and projects. Requires demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and written communication skills.
Registered Nurse (RN) license preferred. Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) certification is preferred. Experience with process improvement, regulatory/accreditation programs, data management, and analysis including graphic development and presentations is highly desirable
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.