In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
We are looking for a Quality Improvement Director for our Northern Colorado Quality team. We are looking for candidates who have 5 years or more of leadership experience in Quality Improvement. Candidates need to have their CPPS and CPHQ certifications. If you are passionate about quality improvement, patient safety and developing teams, please apply today!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. A 378-bed Level II trauma center and acute care facility with over 3000 employees, North Colorado Medical Center is the largest hospital in the region. As a regional medical center, we provide community-based and specialty services for a service area that includes southern Wyoming, western Nebraska, western Kansas and northeastern Colorado. In order to provide the most compassionate and innovative care possible, we bring together state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional team of health care professionals. For the healthcare professional, our Greeley, Colorado location offers access to a wide variety of recreational activities in an inviting, close-knit community.
POSITION SUMMARY This position promotes high reliability in clinical performance through assessment of performance, facilitating prioritization of improvement activities, overseeing performance improvement projects and ensuring successful clinical project implementation at operating entities. The position works closely with both system and operating entities to improve quality and outcomes of clinical care. All work processed by the incumbent is considered confidential and protected from discovery, pursuant to state statutes.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Responsible for oversight and assessment of clinical performance data and care delivery practices. Collaborates with administrators, physicians, clinical leaders and staff to identify improvement opportunities utilizing quantitative techniques, knowledge of health care operations and systems thinking. Obtains and uses literature, evidence-based practice and benchmark data whenever possible.
2. Improves clinical performance: identifies causes of variation, serves as a subject matter expert and supports implementation of systems and processes to facilitate effective clinical practice. Leverages results from Peer Review, Regulatory, Patient Safety and others to align performance improvement opportunities with system and local teams.
3. Facilitates prioritization of improvement activities with system and entity leadership. Conducts in- depth assessment of qualitative and quantitative data. Triangulates information to support administrative and clinical decision making. Collaborates with the appropriate process owner(s) to identify opportunities for improvement.
4. Establishes and oversees the development and implementation of annual quality plans with administrative, service line and process owners. Strategizes with entity leadership to plan and coordinate local Quality Councils.
5. Manages and coaches performance improvement activities and oversees projects in collaboration with project leaders and administrators. Serves as a resource and/or facilitates improvement teams to plan, implement, and coordinate entity activities to maximize clinical and operational outcomes. Participates on improvement teams, guiding teams on system defined improvement methodologies and processes.
6. Maintains clinical performance assessment, performance improvement, change management and project facilitation expertise through independent study, internal development courses, attending education workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
7. In some settings, responsible for recruiting, selecting, developing, mentoring, supervision and assessment of staff. Also responsible for creating and managing departmental budgets.
8. Hires, trains, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for designated staff. Prioritizes work and makes staff assignments. Ensures that goals and objectives are met in a timely and effective manner for routine work and major projects.
9. Responsibility for QI at a single entity or multiple small / rural entities and contribution to system-level QI activities. Internal customers include all assigned entity administrators, physicians, staff and corporate administrators, leadership team and staff. External customers include accreditation and regulatory organizations, payers, patients and physicians.
Requires Master's degree or equivalent in nursing or other healthcare related field.
RN license in state worked OR a clinical background with current license/certification or equivalent experience.
Must have a proficiency level typically attained with 5 years experience in Quality Management / Performance Improvement. Requires at least 2 years management experience or demonstrated leadership abilities through successful large scale projects. Must possess demonstrated flexibility in responding to the needs of multiple constituencies with a service-oriented philosophy. Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate multi- disciplinary teams. Must possess demonstrated skill in problem analysis, project management, conflict resolution and oral and written presentations. Requires ability to balance and manage multiple projects.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality. Additional related education and/or clinical experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R26903
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.