Responsible for the development of systemwide and continual clinical care strategies in support of WSMC’s strategic plan. Collaborates with the executive team to identify clinical issues critical to WSMC’s performance and mission. Directs systemwide strategies for all clinical care, quality, safety, and customer service programs. COO will lead staff to model a professional practice environment by: providing clinically competent staff; encouraging strong interdisciplinary team collaboration and communication; supporting autonomy and accountability; providing staff opportunities for in-service and formal education; stressing the importance of continuous learning; and supporting a culture where concern for the patient is paramount.
Ensure the availability of staff in support of the healthcare functions.
Analyze staffing patterns and workloads to ensure appropriate staffing to meet client care standards.
Plan, organize, direct, and control staff supervision, performance evaluation, merit increases, and disciplinary actions
Optimize use and motivation of human resources. Assess technical and professional knowledge and education necessary for individual staff members to achieve the highest level of excellence for their positions.
Oversee and coordinate selection procedures to fill new and vacant positions of key management staff. Assign and delegate work to appropriate staff members. Establish performance standards that are clearly communicated and able to be objectively measured. Monitor work performance, provide regular feedback and conduct performance evaluations that are constructive, not condemning.
Oversee staff development and training utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individual training, group instruction, e-learning; lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
Help Chief Executive Officer and Chief Medical Officer develop clinic strategic plans and objectives based upon identified needs of patients
Develop/implement long-range plans in collaboration with entire executive management team, including the projection of resource needs.
Manage the daily operations while assisting Chief Financial Officer with developing, monitoring, and analyzing budget and financial information cost effectively.
Review internal policies and procedures and update as needed.
Ensure compliance with regulations and standards.
Complete various special projects, which may require reviewing and analyzing information, identifying problems, recommending solutions, and writing reports.
Work in cooperation with the IT team to provide end-user support, analysis, and problem resolution.
Fosters the development of a patient focused, team-oriented work environment and supports the implementation of a planned, professional approach to health care, treatment, and services.
Develop, analyze, and implement processes and systems to enhance customer service, including client satisfaction trends
Organize, direct, and control operational risk management process by analyzing incident report trends and implementing operational changes that mitigate risk.
Direct Safety Officer who leads a team that monitors safety concerns, educates staff, and supports clinic adherence to state and federal safety requirements.
Work with the Emergency Response and Safety Committee, which focuses on Emergency and Disaster Planning, and is an active member in various committees focusing on the same (HANC, CPCA, County emergency planning committee).
Work with community organizations and health care partners to coordinate services and collaborate on management initiatives.
Continue to develop new partnerships and collaborative relationships to support community health center programs and services.
Quality Improvement Duties:
Plan, organize, and direct Quality Improvement activities that impact entire operations of WSMC.
Partner with Chief Medical Officer in interdepartmental Quality Improvement team efforts and project management.
Contribute to overall Community Health Center efforts in Quality Improvement towards delivering healthcare in cost effective manner while maintaining high level staff and patient experience.
1. Master's degree in Nursing, Business, Public Health, Hospital Administration, or equivalent work experience.
2. Experience with redesign or process work, including systemwide implementation.
3. Minimum of 2 years' experience in healthcare management.
4. Experience working with and/or reporting to Executive Management Teams and/or Governing Board.
5. Experience leading/partnering in multidisciplinary teams.
6. Up to date knowledge of changes in healthcare, emerging clinical methodologies and standards.
7. Demonstrated negotiation skills and team skills.
8. Systems thinker accompanied by the orientation and presence to analyze complex situations and relationships, and build coalitions around improving patient care delivery.
9. Balanced application of clinical, financial, and management skills.
10. Demonstrated successful ability to lead effective change across care continuum.
11. Ability to proceed on own initiative using independent judgment and discretion.
12. Possess excellent verbal and written communication, leadership and organizational skills, and interpersonal and time management skills.
13. Knowledge of computer technology, including patient management system, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and graphics software in order to prepare publications, reports, and business correspondence.
14. Able to coordinate and prioritize multiple individual and group needs.
From the Overview page, click the “Manage Jobs” button. There you will see a list of your active jobs. Click the drop down arrow to the left of the title in the "Action" column. Click the "Edit" link. Once the changes have been made, click “Update Job” at the bottom of the form.
Internal Number: 0071
About Western Sierra Medical
Providing accessible, quality medical, dental and behavioral health services through innovative, patient-centered care in our communities.
Western Sierra Medical Clinic will be the health provider of choice in our communities. We will be positioned to respond to current and future community health needs within our resources. We will promote the health and wellness of Nevada, Placer, Sierra, and Yuba counties, through our model of patient-centered care.
The Values of Western Sierra Medical Clinic guide employees in providing superior service to fulfill our mission and achieve our vision.
Quality: Excellence and innovation, resulting in the best possible and cost-effective patient care.
Compassion: Dedicated to respect our patients and their families’ need for emotional support.
Respect: Treat every patient and staff member with thoughtful consideration and understanding of each other’s circumstances.
Stewardship: Protecting our resources today to ensure our mission tomorrow.