Under general direction, the Financial Aid and Enrollment Coordinator is responsible for being knowledgeable of Title IV and enrollment processes, in addition to providing information and support, for individuals navigating the financial aid and enrollment process at VUMC Center for Programs in Allied Health. The coordinator is the first point of contact for all student inquires of financial aid and enrollment services. The coordinator will work closely with the Assistant Director, Program Directors, students, and other staff members of the Center for Programs in Allied Health, as needed.
Financial Aid Coordination
* Determines amount of aid based on eligibility criteria for each award program, need of students, and funds available
* Awards and administers federal, state, private and institutional Financial Aid programs on behalf of a specific group of student applicants through the financial aid packaging process
* Completes the verification process and compares data on FAFSA applications with federal tax returns, academic transcripts, and eligibility criteria for multiple award programs, making corrections to student applications as needed
* Provides financial aid counseling to prospective and new students financial aid availability, application process, eligibility, academic progress, program requirements, deadlines, processing dates, and procedures
* Determines which students are eligible for special consideration of awards through professional judgment and override situations, and explains documentation and regulatory requirements to students and parents as needed
* Counsels students about academic progress and its effect on financial aid eligibility.
* Assists and counsels' students with loan processes to ensure compliance with federal, state, and institutional regulations
* Maintain complete and accurate records as required for completion of internal and external reporting requirements
* Conduct entrance and exit interviews
* Monitor and certify private loans
* Disburse payments to students
* VA Once experience
* R2T4 calculation knowledge
* NSLDS, COD and FSA knowledge
* Experience working with a diverse student population
* Performs other financial aid duties, as assigned
* Reviews, verifies, and processes student applications and related documentation
* Enters, verifies, researches student records information in a timely manner
* Assist with student recruiting for all Center Programs in Allied Health programs
* Actively participate in marketing the Center for Programs in Allied Health
* Communicate with assigned prospects and applicants by calling, writing, e-mailing, and arranging on-campus visits
* Addresses student inquiries in person, by phone, or via e-mail
* Arranging orientation and graduation, under the supervision of enrollment management
* Records and monitors required data into integrated student data base
* Maintains student record databases and manual files; prepares statistical reports as appropriate
* Disseminates pertinent information, in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and University policies in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of student information
* Knowledge of federal, state, and university academic policies and procedures
* Provides excellent frontline customer service, while assisting students with enrollment services in multiple functional areas.
* Attends divisional/department and other meetings, as assigned
* Performs other enrollment duties, as assigned.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (Intermediate): - Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives.
PEER LEADERSHIP (Intermediate): - The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals.
FINANCIAL PROCESSES (Intermediate): - Ability to monitor costs, expenses and revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT (Intermediate): - Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements.
NETWORKING (Intermediate): - Build relationships through industry contacts, professional organizations and individuals.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT (Intermediate): - Identifies, analyzes and improves upon existing business processes for optimization and to meet standards of quality.
MENTORING & COACHING (Intermediate): - The essence of training and mentoring on the job is transfer of knowledge. Whereas training can be considered more formal and scheduled, mentoring is often in the form of guidance and hands-on experiences. The reporting relationship is unimportant since the purpose is to pass on information and experiences. These discussions normally center around a person's goal of learning job procedures, content, standards, analysis and problem-solving.
Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES:
Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY:
Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY:
Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
* Earned a minimum of a Bachelor's degree, required
o Master's Degree, preferred
* At least three (3) years of professional and related experience in higher education financial aid, required
* At least one (1) year of professional and related experience in higher education enrollment/ admissions processes, preferred
* Broad knowledge of federal financial aid programs and recordkeeping requirements and best practices
* Knowledge of student record-keeping requirements and best practices
* Able to work independently to meet deadlines
* Computer proficiency including, but not limited to, email, internet use, MS Office Suite, social media platforms, campus management systems, and other software applications
* Excellent oral and written communication skill
* Experience with health care programs, preferred
This is a full-time position (at least 40 hours/week)
Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, but flexibility to work additional hours, as needed, is a MUST!
The VUMC Center for Programs in Allied Health (CPiAH) is dedicated to preparing students for excellence in their chosen career and instilling compassion and a commitment to the highest quality of patient care through transformative learning programs and access to the delivery of exemplary healthcare.
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Internal Number: 2001587
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.