Kindred Healthcare is seeking a Director of Nursing for Mercy Iowa City Rehabilitation Hospital, our new, 40-bed Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) located in Coralville, IA! Our new rehabilitation hospital in partnership with Mercy Iowa City is scheduled to open in April 2020 and will offer specialized programs for people who have experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and other conditions requiring inpatient rehabilitative services. Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of recovery with a goal of returning home as soon as able.
Our culture of caring for our patients and residents begin with our core values - our employees. We are committed to fostering professional growth and dedicated healthcare teams that make us the provider of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that hiring outstanding people is the key to providing quality care - and quality care is what we do every day! Interested in a career with Kindred Hospitals ' a place where you can put your heart into and make a real difference in our patient's lives.
Supervises nursing staff, assesses patients needs and provides nursing care for patients. Plans and organizes training for unit staff members, and participates in guidance and educational programs.
A: Job Specific
* Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates designated nursing staff; assigns duties and coordinates nursing services.
* Participates in developing nursing protocol and procedures.
* Provides continuing education and staff development opportunities for nursing staff.
* Assesses patient needs; participates in providing nursing care; ensures services are carried out and documented appropriately
* Maintains patient health care records.
* Maintains supply inventory records; order supplies and equipment, as necessary.
* Promotes adherence to the Company's Code of Business Conduct and the Corporate Compliance Agreement by monitoring employee performance and identifying and responding to compliance issues.
B: Company Specific
* Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty.
* Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
* Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
* Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
* Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
* Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
* Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
* Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
* Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
* Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
* Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation's skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
* Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
Service Excellence Elements
Pride - (Owning and feeling proud of work quality and our mission.)
Performs work that reflects ownership and is a credit to self and positively represents Kindred.
Teamwork - (Achieving greater results through cooperation and recognizing contributions.)
Cooperates with co-workers while performing duties leading to everyone being able to achieve success and giving recognition where it is due.
Compassion - (Listening and focusing on the patient/resident; taking sincere, appropriate actions.)
Meets the patients' needs and concerns by consistently acting in a patient-focused manner.
Integrity - (Doing the right thing.)
Demonstrates adherence to a strict moral or ethical code in performance of duties by always seeking to do the right thing.
Respect - (Treating others as they would like to be treated; valuing others.)
Acknowledges the worth of others through professional greetings, proper telephone etiquette, patience, and common courtesy.
Fun - (Enjoying work and being an enthusiastic participant.)
Demonstrates a positive attitude toward work and devotion to the task at hand.
Professionalism - (Assuring skills (licensures) are current; looking and acting the part while performing at the highest level.)
Keeps skills, competencies and required licensures/certifications current; displays mastery over attitude and behavior and pride in appearance. Consistently performs duties to the best of abilities.
Responsibility - (Being accountable, doing what is expected or beyond; assuring what needs to get done, gets done.)
Takes ownership of all aspects of duties shown through reliable, timely performance and accountability.
* Supervisory skills and ability to evaluate job performance.
* Ability to make decisions and accept responsibility for work unit.
* Time management skills and ability to organize priorities.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
Education : Degree from an accredited school of nursing,
Licenses/Certification: Valid state Registered Nurse license. BLS and ACLS certification.
Experience: Two years of nursing experience in a hospital.1 to 2 years supervisory/leadership experience.
Job : Executives (Directors & Above) Primary Location : IA-Coralville-Mercy Rehab Hospital - Iowa City Organization : 4092 - Mercy Rehab Hospital - Iowa City Shift : Day