Leads network management of participating network providers. Provides support for improved provider engagement and clinical performance across network service areas. Supports operations and overall financial and clinical performance. This position will report to the Director, Network Operations.
Maintains positive relationships with network providers, coordinating duties across teams and providing ongoing guidance and support to all stakeholders
Ensures the provision of necessary reporting, tools, support and guidance to team members and participating providers
Establishes and oversees processes required for effective network operation
Ensures all required documentation is maintained and accurate
Promotes provider engagement to support established goals and objectives
Helps ensure financial and clinical data is accurate, accessible and reportable
- Motivates and inspires others to perform at a high level. Puts aside personal needs and considerations for the good of the team. Communicates in a positive and constructive way, demonstrating an enthusiasm for team and unit goals. Takes appropriate risks and accepts personal accountability for actions and decisions. Gets others to share challenges and perform as a valuable member of the team and unit. Accomplishes results through influence, coaching, communication and commitment with minimal use of authority and control.
OPERATIONS PLANNING -
- Demonstrates ability to forecast resource needs, identify discrete tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work. Merges diverse points of view into shared goals and objectives. Plans for and anticipates events outside of immediate responsibility. Identifies relevant stakeholders and gains their commitment. Proactively anticipates problems and obstacles. Able to absorb changes to major assignments while maintaining a high level of performance. Competently handles multiple assignments and projects simultaneously. Sets priorities with a proper sense of urgency and importance. Develops creative ideas and takes innovative action to achieve planned goals and objectives.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT -
- Successfully resolves conflicts. Aware of the values, abilities and needs of others. Demonstrates the ability to create a positive work climate, establishing a feeling of partnership and empowering others. Practices and rewards behaviors supportive of company values.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the appropriate rules and regulations and applies them in difficult, stressful and complex situations. Able to interpret and explain rules and regulations that are ambiguous or unclear. Directs others in interpreting rules and regulations on the job and trains others in them.
BUSINESS RESULTS -
- Develops and implements appropriate measures for attaining well-defined business results and tracks progress in meeting goals and objectives. Consistently demonstrates a strong focus on quality in spite of competitive, budget, and time pressures. Anticipates and responds effectively to stakeholder needs. Sensitive to changes in the environment which may impact stakeholder satisfaction, quality, or profitability. Able to specify clear, precise personal objectives.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT -
- Provides analysis and evaluation of assignment work processes, constantly striving for improvement in the way tasks and activities are accomplished by questioning their value to the process and contributing creative solutions. Has helped establish, communicate and monitor standards for quality and excellence. Demonstrates the ability to work on and improve a current business process, product or service.
Organizational Impact: Directs activities to achieve operational plans with some near-term effect on results.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Identifies issues, gathers facts to resolve technical and operational problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies in-depth knowledge and skills of a professional/technical area and basic management knowledge to manage the work of the team.
Team Interaction: Supports the Director, Network Operations in leading a complex department with a focus on implementation. Typically executes on a short to medium term strategies.
- Develops Self and Others: Enthusiastically invests time and energy in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES:
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY:
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies past learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY:
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.