Providence is calling a full time Director of Acute Care Services to Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, CA.
In this position you will:
- Provide leadership for critical care, step down, telemetry and medical/surgical nursing departments
- Administer managerial and leadership functions of planning, goal setting, staffing and directing activities of assigned departments/areas of responsibility
- Be responsible for organizational throughput, clinical and financial management, improving quality and safety outcomes and increased customer satisfaction for patients, families, physicians and staff
- Report directly to the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO); have accountability for providing leadership within the Nursing Division; and may represent the CNO in her/his absence
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) or related field required (Health Administration, Business, Public Health, or management). Masters degree must be in nursing if bachelors degree is not in nursing
- Current California Registered Nurse (RN) license
- 5 Years of progressive management experience, with a minimum of 5 years of manager and or Director level experience in a hospital environment
- Excellent human relations and oral/written communication skills
- Management experience in hospital/health care environment
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Business Development/Service Line Management
About the hospital you will serve.
Nationally recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills, California. We are the only Magnet®Designated Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138-bed patient care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Director / Executive
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 138952