Empath Health, headquartered in Clearwater, FL, is actively recruiting to hire a Chief Financial Officer, someone who offers a high level of integrity and dependability alongside their daily work. As a critical member of the executive team, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will need to operate within an environment that has a strong sense of urgency and maintain a focus on fiscal results. The CFO will be responsible for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of Empath Health Inc. and its affiliates, including management of all team members related to finance, accounting, accounts payable and accounts receivable, credits, tax, audit and compliance.
The job responsibilities for our CFO include:
• Plan, implement, manage and control all financial-related activities of Empath Health and its affiliates.
• Provide leadership in the collaborative development and ongoing review and evaluation of short-term and long-term strategic financial objectives.
• Advise on the financial implications of business activities to the executive leadership team.
• Oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization
• Prepare budgets and financial statements along with reports for state and federal regulation, audits, revenue cycle, accounts payable, cash and investment management, procurement, and payroll cycle for all Empath Health entities.
• Create and present accurate financial statements, analysis of budgets and financial trends on a regular, timely basis for financial committee and board meetings for all entities.
• Lead the preparation of the annual tax returns and oversee the preparation of the annual cost reports.
• Supervise contracting, including managed care and vendor contracts, for all organizations.
• Evaluate and advise on the financial impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior leaders so as to understand their needs and recommend financial solutions.
• Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting of all activity for Empath Health.
• Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and keep all entities in compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
• Own the responsibility for the completeness of the Electronic Health record, ensuring that it meets medical, legal and ethical standards and ensuring the accuracy and privacy of patient records.