Responsible for the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of MPHC’s clinical facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises, coordinates and evaluates all managerial staff.
- Interacts professionally and as a team player with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and public.
- Conducts meetings with staff.
- Ensures provider appointment schedules are according to Mountain Park Health Center guidelines.
- Leads operational initiatives.
- Ensures that staff provide excellent customer service.
- Ensures patient complaints are addressed and resolved.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of care.
- Ensures there is an adequate staffing model in collaboration with HR.
- Determines the qualification and competence of support staff who are not licensed independent practitioners.
- Responsible for space planning and resource allocations.
- Takes part in budget preparation and strategic planning.
- Adheres to budgets approved by the Board of Directors.
- Demonstrates the ability to function within Mountain Park Health Center’s philosophy and its mission, fostering a relationship of respect and dignity among and between Mountain Park Health Center, management and staff.
- Maintains appropriate levels of supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
- Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with Mountain Park Health Center policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Observes organizational policies concerning unscheduled absences and reports unscheduled absences in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Controls the overtime expended by his/her subordinates within the policies and practices of the facility.
- Complies with the organization Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a manner consistent with the Mission Statement and Values of Mountain Park Health Center.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients, visitors and co-workers employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Dresses according to the organization’s dress code policy and procedure, as well as, complies with specific departmental regulations pertaining to employee appearance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
Directly supervises employees in the Clinical Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree and/or RN Degree with at least 10 years of practice management experience.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, communicable diseases, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Mountain Park Health Center (MPHC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to all federal and state law, MPHC prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. MPHC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.